Goals can be tricky. We all want to achieve our goals, but sometimes we get overwhelmed once we're done writing them down. We don't know where to start. Continue reading the following posts to figure out how to reach your goals, one step at a time.
First, begin by brainstorming all of your goals. This could include eating healthy as well as exercising or any other project you want to accomplish. Write them all down.
Second, highlight the ones that you can accomplish in the next month. Try to only highlight between 3-5 goals.
Third, write down the steps you need to take to get to your overall goal. These steps include:
- Write down everything you need to do less of (i.e. buy "fun" foods at home, eating out)
- Write down things you need to do more of (i.e. cook more at home, purchase more whole foods)
- Write down everything you need stop doing completely order to reach your goal (i.e. stop eating out for lunch and bring my own lunch to work)
- Write down things you need to try this month (i.e. new ingredients that make my cooking healthier, new recipes, etc.)
- Write down what do you want to feel/look when you accomplish your goal (i.e. healthier, lighter, stronger, more energy, etc.)
Reaching your goals doesn't happen over night. It takes time and effort. It takes consistency. It's not easy, but the journey is fun and worthwhile. You learn something new about yourself everyday. Everyday is a challenge you can improve on...even when things don't go as planned.
Let me know in the comments below, is this blog post helps you look at your goals with ease rather than stress.
- Johnson, Chalene. SmartLife Push Journal. SmartLife, Inc, 2017.