What is MINERAL OIL & PETROLEUM?
- Mineral oil is comes from petroleum (A.K.A. petrolatum, petroleum jelly and paraffin oil)
- Mineral oil is natural but NOT safe
What's so bad about MINERAL OIL & PETROLEUM in my beauty products?
- Using products that contain petroleum derivatives can lead to cancer and direct skin contact should be avoided
What should I look for instead?
- Choose products that contain coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, almond oil, avocado oil, argan oil etc. All of these oils provide moisturizing benefits without the risk of getting cancer.
- Cates, Trevor. Clean Skin from Within: The Spa Doctor's Two-week Program to Glowing, Naturally Youthful Skin. Place of Publication Not Identified: Rockport, 2017. Print.
- "May." EWG. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2017.
Let me know in the comments below, do your products contain petroleum ingredients? What do you plan to do in the future now that you know the harmful consequences of having petroleum ingredients in your products?