Peppermint oil is a great staple oil to have at home at all times because it's so versatile. Peppermint oil is invigorating and gives energy to a room. Listed below are seven great ways to use peppermint oil in your home.
- Helps You Breathe With Ease: Whether you choose to inhale peppermint oil from the bottle or diffuse it, peppermint oil helps promote healthy breathing. You can also dilute 2 to 4 drops peppermint oil with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil and apply it to you chest, back, and neck. You can also add 10 drops to boiling water and breathe the aroma for 5 minutes.
- Helps Relieve Muscle and Joint Tension: For muscle tension you can apply 2 to 4 drops of peppermint oil with a carrier oil and apply it to the area that is feeling sore. You can also add lavender oil to the blend to help with joints.
- Helps Boost Energy: This is a great oil to take on a trip where you may start feeling tired. Peppermint oil can actually help combat fatigue and promote concentration and focus. You can swipe some on the car or add some to your dilute some onto your writs, temples, and back of your neck.
- Helps With Allergies: You can diffuse oil in your home to help with allergies or dilute 2 to 4 drops onto your forehead, chest, and neck.
- Helps With Headache Relief: You can add one drop to your temples and neck to help relieve tension in your head. You can also add one drop in a hot shower and inhale the aroma. Another way to add 2 to 4 drops to a cold water compress and place on your forehead when overheated. You can also place your feet in cold water and add 2 to 4 drops to help.
- Helps Repel Bugs: You can actually keep bugs and ticks from getting close to you from applying peppermint oil into a spray bottle. You can dilute 2 to 4 drops of peppermint oil with a carrier oil and apply it to you as well.
- Help Tummy Issues: Peppermint oil can help with nausea, gas and bloating. Dilute 2 to 4 drops of peppermint oil with a carrier oil and apply it to your tummy or diffuse it in your home.
There are just some ways to use essential oils safely. It is very important to use oils safely and effectively. There are also some medications that may interact with peppermint oil, so make sure to speak with your healthcare provider if you're using medication and want to incorporate peppermint oil into your life.
- Axe, Josh. Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine. Destiny Image Publishers, 2016.
- DoTerra Essential. DoTerra Essential
- “Dr. EricZ Members Site.” Live the Abundant Live, members.drericz.com/eheoclub/discovery/peppermint/.