Lavender essential oil is the most popular oil in the United States. It is a very versatile oil and has such a calming smell, helps with sleep, helps calm anxiety and has been around for centuries. Not to mention it's used a lot in perfume. Today lavender essential oil is used for the following purposes:
- Promotes Sleep: Lavender is a great essential oil to help calm one's senses. In 2015, a study showed that women who used lavender oil improved their sleep. You can diffuse 5 drops of lavender essential oil, or apply 2 to 3 drops on your neck, temples and chest, or your can add 5 drops to water and spray it on your pillow.
- Helps Soothe Burns and Cuts: Lavender is also antimicrobial agent. So it's able to protect against cuts and infections. For this reason, lavender not only protects against infections but helps soothe the skin. Mix lavender oil with coconut oil or any other carrier oil and apply it to the irritated skin areas.
- Helps Relieve Stress and Anxiety: Lavender oil give one the sense of peace and calm. You can diffuse up to 5 drops of lavender oil or add the oil to a bath and relax in it. You can also apply lavender oil like perfume on your writs, temples and even the soles of your feet.
- Helps Soothe headaches and Migraines: Diffusing lavender with peppermint can help relive your headache. You can also add 2 drops lavender mixed with 2 drops of peppermint and apply it to your temples and the back of your neck.
- Encourages Youthful Skin: Lavender helps nourish dry skin. You can add 1-2 drops of lavender to your moisturizer for addition support. Lavender along with frankincense helps boost skin beauty.
These are just a few ways that lavender helps improve your everyday health and wellness. If you haven't added lavender to your collection do so today!
- Axe, Josh. “10 Lavender Oil Benefits for Major Diseases & Minor Ailments.” Dr. Axe, Dr. Axe, 22 Mar. 2018, draxe.com/lavender-oil-benefits/.
- Axe, Josh. Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine. Destiny Image Publishers, 2016.
- “Dr. EricZ Members Site.” Live the Abundant Live, members.drericz.com/eheoclub/discovery/lavender/.
- Snyder, Mariza. Smart Mom's Guide to Essential Oils: Natural Solutions for a Healthy Family, Toxin-Free Home and Happier You. Pgw, 2017.