Polenta is one of my favorite breakfast meals and it has become one of my girls favorite meals. It literally just consists of corn and coconut yogurt on the side. Below are the benefits of those two ingredients.
Corn: Corn is an ancient grain from the New World. Corn contains antioxidants cartenoids like luteinin and zeaxanthing. Yellow or other colored corn may also promote eye health.
Coconut Yogurt: The fermented sugars in coconut yogurt can help regulate digestion due to the probiotics giving your tummy healthy gut bacteria.
1 cup polenta corn meal
3 cups water
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon local raw honey
¼ cup coconut yogurt
1. Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
2. With a whisk add in the polenta corn meal and whisk very well.
3. Bring boil down to low medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Once polenta is made, add extra virgin olive oil.
5. Serve with coconut yogurt, some fruit and drizzle with honey.