- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 diced carrots
- 1/4 C diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 C dried lentils (any color)
- 1/2 TSP dried basil
- 1/2 TSP dried oregano
- 1/2 TSP dried thyme
- Garlic salt and black pepper
- 1 diced zucchini
- 1 C chopped kale or spinach
- 1 TBP fresh lemon juice
- Cutting board and knife
- Warm up olive oil on medium heat
- Add carrots, zucchini and onions and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes and vegetable broth
- Add lentils, basil, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- When it boils reduce heat to a simmer; about medium low for about 35 minutes.
- At about 20 minutes add kale and lemon juice
- Add water if needed
What do I eat this with?
- Hearty salad or the rest of your entree