I love this smoothie! It's so refreshing! I rotate the leafy greens and fruit on a weekly basis. Even if I'm eating apples or pears weekly, I make sure they're a different variety of pears and apples, so that I get a combination of nutrients each week.
What's great about this smoothie is that kids like it too! If they're introduced to it at an early age, you won't have problems with them enjoying their greens.
- 2 C water
- 2 C leafy greens (i.e. romaine lettuce, green leaf greens, red leaf greens, dandelions)
- 2 C dark leafy greens (i.e. spinach, kale, collard greens, chard)
- 1-2 stalks of celery or 1 small cucumber
- 1 TBS freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 banana
- 1 C of one variety of fruit or one fruit (i.e. pear, apple, mangos, etc.)
- A second C of one variety of fruit or one fruit (i.e. pear, apple, mangos, etc.)
- Add water to blender along with all greens, banana and lemon juice
- Add fruit and blend until smooth