I love this recipe. I was able to combine different ways of creating a veggie patty and create one that I love! This recipe is easy to make and delicious too! I hope you try it and let me know in the comments below how you liked it.
- 1 C 15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 C gluten free flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 C textured vegetable protein (TVP - dried soy protein)
- 1 TBS tamari sauce
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBS avocado oil
- 1 TSP onion powder
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP ground black pepper
- Place TVP and Tamari sauce in a bowl and cover with water. Water should reach the top of TVP and not go over.
- In blender place half black beans, avocado oil, fresh lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt and ground black pepper. Blend until smooth puree.
- In a bowl place the other half of the black beans, flour, TVP and black bean puree. Mash together with your hands until ingredients are all blended together.
- Cover the mixture and place it in the refrigerator for minimum of 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have gone by, divide the mixture into four and form each portion into a burger patty. Place on the grill and cook until each side is browned and slightly crispy.
- You can wrap left over patties and place in the freezer.